This blog used to basically be a muffin blog. I ate a muffin a day. Muffins and eggs, muffins and greek yogurt, muffins for dessert, muffins for snack.
And then I got muffined out.
And then I got more paleo.
And now the muffins are back.
Cheesy Apple Bacon Muffins
Recipe: Makes 6 muffins – Gluten free, Primal adaptable, Sugar free
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oat flour (you can make your own!)
- 1/4 cup real or sugar-free maple syrup (depending on your needs…and politics)
- 1 cup diced pink lady apple
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping
- 4 slices crispy bacon, nitrate free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Primal version: 6 eggs and 1/2 cup coconut flour, no oat flour.
Directions – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Microwave the bacon until crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Pour the grease into a…
View original post 827 more words