- 6 – boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 large red onion (or your favorite type)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large zucchini squash
- ground pepper
- cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere’s is the best!)
- coconut oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- cubanelle pepper (or a green pepper)
Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces, add garlic, season with cajun seasoning, and saute in 2 or 3 TBSP of coconut oil. When the chicken is browned, remove from the pan to a separate plate. Add to the same pan the onion, squashes and pepper. Toss in some crushed red pepper flakes, some ground pepper (to taste) and cook until it’s the done to your taste. We like our squash to be a little firm still. Mushy squash is…..well, MUSHY! Toss the chicken back in with the veggies and cook a little longer to combine the flavors and enjoy!
My husband just threw this together, so I don’t have any real exact times on anything. It only took about 20-30 minutes to prep and cook. It was DELISH! The dark meat of chicken thighs taste so much better to me. Of course you could substitute a couple of breasts if you prefer.